Unity engine and tools now has over 1 million registered developers and over 6 million total downloads.
The monthly active developer base has also grown to nearly 300,000, or 30% of all developers who ever registered with Unity, who put in a total of 2.5 million hours of creative work in the last month. According to statistics recorded by Evans Data in their Developer Population and Demographic Study 2011 v. 2, this means nearly 2% of the over 16 million active worldwide software developers (of any kind) are currently using Unity to develop their projects.
Read the full press release here.
See the story placed in Gamasutra here!
View by date below
- pointblankpr: RT @unityassetstore: Hey! Only 12 hours left to save on the selection of great assets in today's #Unity3D #AssetStore 24-hour sale!...
- pointblankpr: The New #XboxOne Live Features Add Advanced Social Gaming Features That Could Lead To True MMORPG Experiences - http://t.co/czUcllC433
- pointblankpr: Could beardvertising be the next big thing? - http://t.co/4D5IlLeCb8
- pointblankpr: RT @unity3d: @davidhelgason tells all: #unity3d iOS and Android basic add-ons are now yours... http://t.co/5BjaWdB0ZX
- pointblankpr: Dairy Queen tries location-based advertising to increase summer foot traffic - http://t.co/bDBUjO2Ves